Guest Blog written by Kelly Wright.
Other than the obvious legal reasons, why do we need to carry auto insurance? Most consumers dread paying insurance premiums. After all, they can become overwhelming when you add them all up; homeowner’s insurance/renters insurance, health and dental insurance, life insurance, disability and then car insurance. While we may not like paying for insurance, it is a necessary evil.
In simplest terms, insurance provides financial support in the event of an emergency or unexpected loss. The primary purpose of any type of insurance is to cover costs an individual or household wouldn’t be otherwise able to cover out of pocket. Florida car insurance rates will vary based upon the type of coverage selected, and the policy’s limits, riders and additional options selected.
With these concepts in mind, let’s take a closer look at why we need to maintain sufficient Florida auto insurance coverage.
- Auto insurance protects the investment that you have made into purchasing or leasing your vehicle
- Should medical bills result from an accident, your policy may offer financial protection
- In the event that the other party to your car accident attempts to file a lawsuit against you or another member of your household, your policy will offer financial protection
- Should valuable items be stolen from your vehicle, your policy will offer replacement funds once you have satisfied your annual deductible
- In the event that you are in an accident with an uninsured motorist (extremely common in specific regions of the country), your policy will provide coverage if you opted for this additional rider/benefit
- If your region is hit by a natural disaster, such as a flood, hurricane or tornado, your policy may offer funds needed to repair or replace your vehicle
- Last, but not least, carrying sufficient auto insurance can offer you and your family peace of mind.
This list should remind you of the reasons carrying sufficient auto insurance coverage is critical to the preservation of your household’s financial situation. While some basic limits are required in most states, financial experts recommend that comprehensive coverage is selected above liability coverage. When the right auto insurance policy is in place, your vehicle, health, and the well being of those you love will be financially protected.
To review your current auto insurance coverage or for a new quote, contact the professionals at SR22 Insurance, Florida today!